Have you heard of hard water? It has a higher content of certain minerals, like calcium and magnesium. This excess of minerals leaves a residue even after the water is gone. When our hair gets coated in these minerals, it makes it harder to rinse the soap out, so our hair ends up feeling brittle and hard. Gee, thanks, hard water.
Hard water is a problem, but guess what? Problems have solutions, so here are a couple that you can try:
- Try adding one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 3 cups of water and message in after shampooing. It helps remove build-up, increase volume, and add shine.
- Use healthy hair products like Keranique once or twice weekly to help minimize build-up.
- Water softeners treat the hard water issues throughout your whole house.
- Shower filters run about $40 and up with good results, and they’re a great solution if you are renting or don’t have much to spend.
- Do your final rinse with bottled water. It can get expensive, but it’s quick and easy.
To learn more healthy hair products, visit Keranique.